Friday, December 30, 2005

Lists

The past month has found me drowning in lists of things to do. Mental lists and paper lists, it seems I've been just swimming in details.

List of things to do at work before holiday shutdown
List of things to do for work during holiday shutdown
List of Christmas gifts to buy and wrap
List of Christmas goodies to make
List of groceries to buy in order to make Christmas goodies
List of things to do over holiday shutdown (personal appts as well as yes, some recreation)
List of things to do for Tony Co (aka CompuLogic) before year-end
List of doctor appointments to schedule for January
List of things to do at work the first three weeks in January (closing out 2005, getting 2006 up and running, preparing for my leave of absence)
List of people I want to email - some I get around to, but too many I don't

Some of the lists are now completed, while others remain outstanding. As I work my way through them, I do feel the weight of all the details lessening a little; things start to come into sharper focus as the flow of To Do's subsides a little.

Luckily, it seems that one event has escaped the whirlwind detail frenzy that has been consuming me lately. New Year's Eve is tomorrow and Tony and I are planning our traditional New Year's Extravaganza(!!). Somehow, things are falling into place nicely without me sweating any of the details. I'm glad for this, as the last thing I need right now is another list. Maybe New Year's is going to be the oasis in the middle of these two chaotic months for me. I can definitely handle that!

Have a Happy New Year!!
:-)

No comments: