Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Climbing out of my slump

I've been in a physical and emotional slump for a couple weeks and I'm not exactly sure why. Maybe the time change, lack of physical exercise (yes, I've been sluffing off), just wanting to be into the recovery phase of my valve replacement so I don't have to think about it anymore (I think Tony would agree with this one). I've been tired the past couple weeks and start to think too much about whether I feel okay - am I feeling symptoms or am I just out of shape? Smart money's on the latter. But I'm happy to announce that I think yesterday was rock bottom of the funk and I'm starting to surface.

Heather came over last night and we worked out. Yes, the walk was pretty lame as I was nowhere near wanting to jog for too long (nor able to) but she really kicked my ass when we got downstairs working with our fitness balls. I am continuously amazed that she can show up each week with several new moves to show me -- but I guess that's why she's a great personal trainer. Although, there are times I start to wonder if she's really just trying to kill me. *evil sneer* (I'm not the most graceful person and balancing on that ball can be a challenge) but I pull through and am able to come out the other side of the workout. Bless her heart for not giving up on me. :-)

No comments: