Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Donor Tryouts


I've shared this picture with family and friends, but I definitely think it's worthy of posting here, too (the piggies are just too cute).

In an effort to do the little guy's (or girl's) contribution justice, I'm working with a personal trainer to try to get myself in shape. The piggy will be making the ultimate sacrifice on my behalf and I want to make the most of it.

The more I work out, though, the more convinced I am that all this (exercise) will be easier for me after I have my valve replaced. If my current valve is only opening about 1/3 as far as it should to allow blood to circulate to my entire body, it stands to reason that a new valve will make everything so much easier for me. Since this is the only condition I've ever known and have no other frame of reference for my physical potential, I'm excited to see what life will be like after the surgery (and how much easier - *fingers crossed* - everything will be).

No comments: