Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Twelve Weeks and Counting

The clock's a-tickin'and the countdown continues. Looks like January 23, 2006 (or the week of anyway) will be the big day for me. And a not-so-big day for the poor little piggy. Of course, he might already have made his contribution - is it weird that I really want to find out where and how the little guys are raised when their destiny is medical science (ie supplying me with a fresh new heart valve)?

Over the next couple weeks I'm going to call the surgeon's office at St Joe's and start making the necessary appointments. I've got to work in one more office visit with my cardiologist, too, before I go for the full physical exam, chest x-ray, blood work, and final surgical consultation prior to the actual Big Event (likely all this will happen in January). Also I need to work with the Red Cross to start banking some blood (shouldn't need it, but it'll be nice to have just in case).

1 comment:

onomatopoetic said...

Oh wow, you have a date (almost)!

What's your bloodtype?