Friday, March 17, 2006

Finally, a new post!

I haven't posted in a while because I thought I had nothing to say. There's been no earth-shattering events -- which if you think about January, it's a good thing there's no new big events to talk about as they are not always the happy type.

I do have news, however. I'm doing so much better in my recovery! It's been over 7 1/2 weeks since my surgery and I've been home for almost six weeks. Somewhere in the last week and a half, things have started coming together. I'm more active around the house and have been less hesitant to venture out. I have been climbing the stairs and doing laundry (Tony still carries the basket back up as the stairs do wear me out). I'm also driving now.

The doctor appts are fewer and farther between now. I had an eye exam yesterday - figured I was due and since everything else on me went south recently, I thought it wouldn't hurt to check out the old peepers. Everything's A-Okay with them which was good to hear!

There's been no improvement in my hearing loss, however -- this still pisses me off as it just seems so random. Monday we have an appointment with another ear doctor and we'll be prepared with "what can we do to live with this condition?" type questions.

I plan to go back to work on April 3rd. I still have two weeks at home and I'm looking forward to continued improvements and increased energy and strength during that time. My legs still feel weak if I'm up too much - I'm trying to challenge them more as they might just need the exercise.

Happy St Patrick's Day!
:-)

No comments: