Thursday, August 03, 2006

Poofy Hair

Wow! Has it really been over a month since I've posted? Shame on me!

Over the last couple weeks I've noticed that the back of my hair has been inexplicably poofy from time to time. I wash and straighten it about every other day, sleeping at night with it up in a pony tail. A couple weeks ago I started to notice (while running my hand over the back of my head to smooth my hair) that apparently a cowlick had developed, causing my hair to poof out in one section. Some days I noticed it, some days I didn't but it was always in the same place.

About a week ago while straightening my hair in front of the bathroom mirror, I turned at just the right angle and finally got a peek at what's been going on back there. New hair! New hair has been growing (and thankfully filling in those pesky post-traumatic bald spots) for a while and is now long enough to wreak havoc (you've seen my hair - thick and lots of body). Probably just long enough now (parts over 2" in length) to clamp in my hair iron and get them to calm the heck down.

I'm not complaining. I'm just taking opportunity to brag about my hair growing back.

:-)

No comments: