Thursday, August 17, 2006

Today's Headlines

More often than not, I find internet news headline quotes to be absolutely ridiculous and absurd. I know they have to try and grab your attention with a tantalizing teaser but I think today a simple "JonBenet's suspected murderer arrested" would have sufficed.

I don't think I'm the only one who gets a little queasy reading the choice quotes used for today's headlines:

"Accused JonBenet killer says death was accident" -- I suppose this article will enlighten us as to how Karr HAD intended to kidnap, drug, beat, and have sex with a six-year old girl but had NEVER intended that she die, God forbid.

"JonBenet murder suspect 'I was with her when she died' " -- No coincidence here, most murderers are with their victims when they die, you a**hole.

And the fact that he was arrested while living in a Bangkok hotel .....well, I say they just throw away the key now. Even if -- no, I mean especially if he's lying.

No comments: